Edgar Perez, author of Knightmare on Wall Street and The Speed Traders, has partnered with Terrapinn Training for 3-Day Masterclass Cybersecurity to bring key insights for CEOs and board members on cyber security
Mr. Edgar Perez, author of The Speed Traders and Knightmare on Wall Street, returns to London, New York and Singapore with his insightful analysis and prescriptions for organizations to lead in today’s information-driven economy.
As information technology becomes ever more complex and Internet usage increasingly widespread, cybersecurity is becoming an increasingly important and business-critical field. Unfortunately, most organizations are not effectively prepared to handle cybersecurity threats, as they haven’t clearly identified the most advanced threats, addressed present and future challenges and applied a comprehensive cybersecurity framework.
Participants at Terrapinn Training’s 3-Day Masterclass Cybersecurity will:
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of cybersecurity and its key aspects
• Get to grips with various cybersecurity testing methods
• Learn valuable system administration techniques for executives
• Master the cybersecurity framework and its five core functions
• Discover how to establish or improve your cybersecurity program
• Consider how the “weak human link” can become the organization’s greatest strength
• Understand the four components of the cyber preparedness continuum
Edgar Perez, author of The Speed Traders and Knightmare on Wall Street, is a recognized futurist, keynote speaker and director of programs targeted at board members, chief executive officers and senior executives looking for new ways to gain and maintain a competitive business advantage.
SPEAKER’S KEYNOTE TOPICS
· The Importance of the Cybersecurity Framework for Directors and CEOs
· Establishing or Improving a Cybersecurity Program
· Social Engineering: The “Weakest Human Link” in Cybersecurity
· The Impact of Brexit in the U.K and the World
· The Biggest Risks for Financial Markets
· Blockchain and its impact on Finance
· Finance in the New Global Economy
· The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading
· China: To Rebalance or Not to Rebalance
SPEAKER’S RECENT TESTIMONIALS
• "I would like to show my appreciation on your willingness to share your insights about cybersecurity. We would certainly have you in mind as we move forward to deal with this very important issue." Nik Hasyudeen, former President of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (Malaysia)
• “Your presentation was the real highlight of the Emerging Markets Investments Summit. You clearly have the connections in the industry and are very well connected.” Alex Ritson, BBC News Presenter at The Newsroom, World Business Report and Business Matters (United Kingdom)
• “There is a new day in trading and speed is the key. Edgar Perez is the poster child.” Eugene Steele, Managing Partner, Trading Rooms World Wide (United States)
• "Edgar Perez is THE expert on high-frequency trading." Liz Claman, Anchor, FOX Business News (United States)
• "Perez illuminates the world of speed." Brenda Jubin, Contributor, Seeking Alpha (United States)
• "It was such a pleasure to have you participate in our conference. The feedback was great and the information you shared with the audience was invaluable. Once again, thank you for your contribution in making the event a success." Holly Chudzy, Corporate Events Coordinator, Peters & Co. (Canada)
ABOUT EDGAR PEREZ
Mr. Edgar Perez is a published author, business consultant for billion-dollar private equity and hedge funds and Council Member at the Gerson Lehrman Group, Guidepoint Global Advisors and Research International, with subject matter expertise in cyber security, investing, trading, financial regulation (Dodd-Frank Act) and market structure.
He is author of Knightmare on Wall Street, The Rise and Fall of Knight Capital and the Biggest Risk for Financial Markets (2013), and The Speed Traders, An Insider’s Look at the New High-Frequency Trading Phenomenon That is Transforming the Investing World, published in English by McGraw-Hill Inc. (2011), 交易快手, published in Mandarin by China Financial Publishing House (2012), and Investasi Super Kilat, published in Bahasa Indonesia by Kompas Gramedia (2012).
Mr. Perez is course director of Cybersecurity Boardroom Workshop, How Boards of Directors and CXOs Can Build the Proper Foundation to Address Today's Information Security Challenges, and The Speed Traders Workshop, How High Frequency Traders Leverage Profitable Strategies to Find Alpha in Equities, Options, Futures and FX; he has presented his workshops in Singapore, Hong Kong, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Kuala Lumpur, Warsaw, Kiev, New York, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai. He contributes to The New York Times and China’s International Finance News and Sina Finance.
Mr. Perez has presented to the Council on Foreign Relations, Vadym Hetman Kyiv National Economic University (Kiev), Quant Investment & HFT Summit APAC (Shanghai), U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (Washington DC), CFA Singapore, Hong Kong Securities Institute, Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at New York University, University of International Business and Economics (Beijing), Hult International Business School (Shanghai) and Pace University (New York), among other public and private institutions. In addition, Mr. Perez has spoken at a number of global conferences, including Cyber Security World Conference (New York), Inside Market Data (Chicago), Emerging Markets Investments Summit (Warsaw), CME Group‘s Global Financial Leadership Conference (Naples Beach, FL), Harvard Business School’s Venture Capital & Private Equity Conference (Boston), High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum (New York, Chicago), MIT Sloan Investment Management Conference (Cambridge), Institutional Investor’s Global Growth Markets Forum (London), Technical Analysis Society (Singapore), TradeTech Asia (Singapore), FIXGlobal Face2Face (Seoul) and Private Equity Convention Russia, CIS & Eurasia (London).
Mr. Perez has been interviewed on CNN's Quest Means Business, CNBC's Squawk on the Street, Worldwide Exchange, Cash Flow and Squawk Box, FOX BUSINESS's Countdown to the Closing Bell and After the Bell, Bloomberg TV's Market Makers, CNN en Español's Dinero, Petersburg – Channel 5, Sina Finance, BNN's Business Day, CCTV China, Bankier.pl, TheStreet.com, Leaderonomics, GPW Media, Channel NewsAsia's Business Tonight and Cents & Sensibilities.
In addition, Mr. Perez has been featured on Sohu, News.Sina.com, Yicai, eastmoney, Caijing, ETF88.com, 360doc, AH Radio, CNFOL.com, CITICS Futures, Tongxin Securities, ZhiCheng.com, CBNweek.com, Caixin, Futures Daily, Xinhua, CBN Newswire, Chinese Financial News, ifeng.com, International Finance News, Finance.QQ.com, hexun.com, Finance.Sina.com, The Korea Times, The Korea Herald, The Star, The Malaysian Insider, BMF 89.9, iMoney Hong Kong, CNBC, Bloomberg Hedge Fund Brief, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Dallas Morning News, Valor Econômico, FIXGlobal Trading, TODAY Online, Oriental Daily News and Business Times.
Mr. Perez was a vice president at Citigroup, a senior consultant at IBM, and a strategy consultant at McKinsey & Co. in New York City. Previously, he managed Operations and Technology for Peruval Finance. Mr. Perez has an undergraduate degree in Systems Engineering from Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería, Lima, Peru (1994), a Master of Administration from Universidad ESAN, Lima, Peru (1997) and a Master of Business Administration from Columbia Business School, New York, with a dual major in Finance and Management (2002). He belongs to the Beta Gamma Sigma honor society. Mr. Perez is an accomplished salsa and hustle dancer and resides in the New York City area.