Major Announcements & Ground-Breaking Panels on March 26 @ NY Athletic Club
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE / PRURGENT
NEW YORK CITY (March 19, 2019) – Sports Integrity Global Alliance (SIGA), an international coalition that aims to monitor and increase integrity across the sports industry, announced the date and panelists for their first U.S. Sport Integrity Forum, taking place at the iconic New York Athletic Club on March 26 from 9am-6pm. This event represents a transformational moment in sports history, as the most pressing challenges facing the governance and integrity of sport will be addressed by leaders of sport, government, business and civil society.
Panel discussions at the Forum will address hot topics including: (1) A United Front for Sport Integrity, (2) Anti-Corruption & Criminal Infiltration in Sport, (3) Role of Global Business as a Catalyst for Sport Integrity, (4) Sports Betting Integrity: The Challenges Ahead, (5) Countering Human Trafficking in Sport, (6) Youth Development & Child Protection in Sport, (7) SIGA Champions for Sport Integrity.
Confirmed speakers and panelists include:
• Thomas C. Brasuell: VP of Community Affairs & Educational Programming, MLB
• Robert L. Capers: Former U.S. Attorney, Eastern District NY
• Don Fehr: Executive Director, NHLPA
• Jill Gregory: CMO, NASCAR
• Pat Hughes: Co-founder, Fantasy Football
• HRH Prince Ali Al Hussein: Founder, APDF Global
• Franco Frattini: Chairman, SIGA & former Vice-President, European Commission
• Mohammed Hanzaz: Chairman & CEO, ICSS
• Tak Kosugi: Sr. Manager Global Initiatives, Marketing & Communications, Panasonic
• Emanuel Macedo de Medeiros: CEO, SIGA
• Pablo Quinones: Former Chief of Strategy, US Dept. of Justice Criminal Fraud Section
• Holli Richmond: Exec Director, US President’s Council on Sport, Fitness & Nutrition
• Michael Robichaud: SVP Global Sponsorship, Mastercard
• Theo van Seggelen: Secretary General, FIFPro
• Hristo Stoichkov: Soccer Legend (Bulgaria/FC Barcelona), World’s Best Player 1994
• Richard Weber: Former U.S. IRS Criminal Investigation Chief
SIGA’s core mission is to promote good governance and safeguard the integrity of sport through a set of universal standards operated by a neutral global body. This game-changing Sports Integrity Forum will start to instigate key reforms across sports, governments and businesses worldwide.
“Sport is at an all-time high in terms of popularity and commercial success, but its integrity and reputation has never been more at risk,” said the SIGA CEO, Emanuel Macedo de Medeiros. “The US law enforcement has been true game changer. Nothing will ever be the same after the ‘FIFAgate’ and the tsunami of arrests and court cases that engulfed so many sports governing bodies. But the future of sport cannot be dictated by law enforcement. Sport owns the problems; it must own the solutions too. We will spare no effort to bring about the much-needed cultural change and long-overdue reforms. We’ve already made substantial progress through our work in Europe and other parts of the world. Now, it’s time for SIGA America, and our New York event is just the first step. I’m looking forward to diving into it and hearing what these illustrious leaders have to say as we instigate change together.”
In addition to the Forum’s panel discussions, there will be major announcements, special guest appearances, and networking opportunities. For additional event information, including a full list of panelists, timing and registration details, please visit: http://siga-sport.net/siga-sport-integrity-forum-v-new-york-city/
Sport Integrity Global Alliance
Founded in 2017, Sport Integrity Global Alliance (SIGA) is an independent, multi-stakeholder, international non-profit coalition. Its aims to monitor and increase integrity in the sports industry from the grassroots youth level to the top professional leagues. SIGA’s vision is a world where sport is played and governed under the highest integrity standards, free from any form of unethical, illicit and criminal activity. SIGA was established as a service to sport, with no political motivation or commercial interest.