Mill Town Music Hall welcomes “The Heart Behind The Music” tour back. Five country music artists will perform on Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 7:30 pm EST. The tour features Grammy award-winning artists Billy Dean, Linda Davis and Carl Jackson, as well as Mo Pitney and Ashley Campbell who will be performing individually as well as collectively.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE / PRURGENT
BREMEN, Ga. (July 3, 2018) – Mill Town Music Hall welcomes back “The Heart Behind The Music” tour featuring five prominent country musicians on Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. Attendees will be entertained by Billy Dean, Linda Davis, Mo Pitney, Ashley Campbell (daughter of Glen) and Carl Jackson who will share stories and perform songs from their music catalogues.
The five country music artists will perform individually and collectively, as they share the stories behind the hits they wrote:
• Grammy Winner Billy Dean, known by his peers as the “James Taylor” of country music, began singing at age 10. Active as a recording artist since 1990, he has recorded a total of eight studio albums (of which the first three have been certified gold by the RIAA) and a greatest hits package which is also certified gold. His studio albums have accounted for more than twenty hit singles on the Billboard Country charts, including eleven Top Ten hits. Hits include “Only Here for a Little While,” “Somewhere in my Broken Heart,” “You Don’t Count the Cost,” “We Just Disagree” and more.
• Grammy Winner Linda Davis quickly gained a legion of friends and fans in the music industry, one being superstar Reba McEntire. Their mutual respect led them into the studio together where they recorded a duet entitled "Does He Love You?". The song went on to become a #1 hit and earned both artists several awards including a Grammy for Best Country Vocal Collaboration.
• Mo Pitney has vocal delivery, storytelling, and musicianship that reflect his outdoor lifestyle - as well as his faith, family and patriotism. He is known for having a Classic Country style reminiscent of some of the greats while only being in his early 20s.
• Ashley Campbell was already known for her work alongside her father, country legend Glen Campbell. During his final years as a touring musician, he leaned heavily on his youngest daughter as a banjo player, keyboardist and harmony vocalist. Ashley is now stepping out on her own. Her music is a mix of her wide-ranging influences, combining the old-school country sound popularized by her father during the '60s and '70s with contemporary Americana, rootsy folk and country-pop. Glen Campbell's longtime fans may hear something familiar in Ashley's melodies, as she embraces these similarities while distinguishing herself as a talented frontwoman.
• Grammy Winner Carl Jackson is a multiple Grammy award winner from the small town of Louisville, Mississippi. Jackson has written songs performed by Glen Campbell ("Letter To Home"), Garth Brooks ("Against the Grain", "Fit for a King"), Terri Clark ("Hold Your Horses"), Rhonda Vincent ("I'm Not Over You") and others. He spent many years performing with Glen Campbell and went on to play on some of the most recognized recordings in country music history.
Tickets for “The Heart Behind the Music” are $38 for “premium reserved” and $33 for “reserved” in advance. Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets through Ticket Alternative at 1-877-725-8849, online at the Mill Town Music Hall website (www.MillTownMusicHall.com) or through the Mill Town Music Hall box office. For additional information, please call the Mill Town Music Hall box office at 770-537-6455.
Upcoming events at Mill Town Music Hall include T. Graham Brown and Jimmy Fortune, September 6; Diamond Rio, Sept. 20; Gene Watson and Emi Sunshine, Oct. 11; Sawyer Brown, Oct. 18 and John Conlee, Nov. 9. For more information about Mill Town Music Hall or an upcoming calendar of events, please visit us at www.MillTownMusicHall.com, follow us on Twitter Mill_Town_Music_Hall or on Facebook.