Ariad, leading digital consultancy and staffing firm in Belgium, conducted a survey to research the state of the digital professional salaries by asking for data from those who work at the heart of it. The survey was open to all digital professionals working in Belgium, across all sectors.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE / PRURGENT
Brussels, Belgium, 29/07/19 - Ariad, leading digital consultancy and staffing firm in Belgium, conducted a survey to research the state of the digital professional salaries by asking for data from those who work at the heart of it. The survey was open to all digital professionals working in Belgium, across all sectors. More than 600 responses were received in June and July of 2019. This is the third survey and report produced by Ariad focusing on salary of digital professionals.
Key findings include:
- Freelance is still the trend: Freelancers can potentially earn more than twice as much as permanent employees if they have a constant stream of work. This continues to encourage the substantial shift in digital marketers and other digital specialists going from payroll status to freelance status.
- Earnings are up, for some: Average gross earnings for both payroll employees and freelancers has gone up in two years. However we observe that in some industries, such as the industries of banking and retail, average payroll employee salaries went up, but the average freelance daily rates went down. This represents a shift in the competitiveness of hiring payroll employees over freelancers.
- Auto and pharma pay: The automotive industry is the most lucrative for freelancers as they can earn over 20% more than average daily rates. Payroll employees report significantly higher earnings in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Top payroll positions: In permanent positions, digital managers and project managers generally have higher income than those who specialize in fields like e-communication, e-commerce or web analysis.
- Top freelance positions: Freelancers tend to earn more when they are specialized, specifically in e-marketing and e-commerce.
- Location counts: For the first time, Brussels is not the place with the highest salaries for permanent employees. Workers in Walloon Brabant, followed by Flemish Brabant, and Liège all reported average higher salaries than Brussels. Freelancers can get higher daily rates in Walloon Brabant, followed by East Flanders and West Flanders.
- Complications in UX landscape: We observed a higher participation of UX specialists and lower earnings reported in this category. This suggests that the supply of UX specialists is increasing faster than the demand. It also suggests that within UX specialists, there is a wide range of skills and expertise levels within the population.
“Every two to three years we conduct this salary survey for professionals in niche digital positions in Belgium. The perspective gained from the data collected across different roles, sectors, and experiences is extremely valuable, for our clients and consultants alike. Upon analyzing the results in this report, we gain insight into the current landscape, but also what trends we can see growing and can expect to see in the future” says Kyra Goudenhooft, Ariad Recruitment Director. The report created from these results compares survey data related to the current salaries, benefits, and conditions of both freelance and permanent position employees, as well as their satisfaction and expectations of the same. They survey data shows that salaries vary depending on various factors such as location, age, industry, job category, or years of experience.
Ariad will make this report freely available for download for a limited time. Many companies find the report helpful in ensuring that they are offering appropriate and competitive salary packages, or in considering the future of their workforce. Anyone who is interested in learning about current compensation trends in Belgium can download a copy of the 2019 Digital Salary Report from Ariad by signing up here: https://lp.ariadgroup.com/digital-salary-report-2019/.
Ariad is a specialized digital consultancy and staffing firm, working with leading European brands across industries. They find the best path for each organization through the maze of digital transformation, and provide the experts who can get them there. Solutions include customer experience (CX), digital marketing specialties, CRM and automation, web analytics, project management, and more. Now helping clients in Spain, Belgium, and the Netherlands. For more information, visit www.ariadgroup.com.
For more information about Ariad, please contact
Alaina Ferretti, Communication and Marketing
C/ Francisco Rabal, 25, 1º 1
04007 Almería, Spain
+34 950 003 594