July 2019 - Now into its 11th year, hosted in Cape Town, South Africa, - Africa PPP Infrastructure Investment Partnerships Conference will take place from 22-24 October 2019. The theme for 2019 is “Optimising Projects, Structures & Sources of Finance for Infrastructure & Energy Projects”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE / PRURGENT
Africa presents a huge market opportunity. It has 52 cities with population of one million or more and has an extremely low current level of intraregional trade. Its urban population is expected to increase by 50% by 2030. The purchasing power of Africa’s middle class is growing. In a decade, the continent will have the largest workforce in the world, along with 60% of the world’s uncultivated arable land and abundant energy resources ranging from hydrocarbons to renewable. The continent is home to four of the world’s ten fastest-growing economies.
If you would like to register contact us directly and request a booking form apppametrade.org
Early confirmed speakers:
• Dr. Joseph Essandoh-Yeddu, Director, Strategic Planning and Policy, Energy Commission Ghana
• Symerre Grey-Johnson, Head of the Regional Integration, Infrastructure and Trade, AUDA-NEPAD
• Noman Siddiqui, Manager of PPP Division, Islamic Development Bank
• Gabriel T Aduda, Permanent Secretary, Political and Economic Affairs Office, Federal Republic of Nigeria
• Jim Mugunga, Director, PPP Unit, Ministry of Finance, Planning & Economic Development, Uganda
• Judith Nyakawa, Director PPP Unit, National Treasury, Kenya
• Flora Tenga, PPP Director, Ministry of Finance, Tanzania
• Lindokuhle Hlatswahya, Director Business Development, GTAC, PPP Unit, National Treasury, South Africa
• Silvester Kasuku, Director General/ CEO, LAPSSET Corridor Development Authority
• Atter Ezzat Hannoura, Director, PPP Central Unit, Ministry of Finance, Egypt
The event will include a one-day training on 22 October, dedicated to project preparation for utilities and PPP units. It is a rare opportunity for government PPP agencies to meet and collectively define best practices. This interactive workshop consisting of informative presentations and group discussion will be led by experts. The 4 modules are as follows:
• MODULE 1 - Identifying opportunities at the project development stage to increase attractiveness & reduce overall cost
• MODULE 2 - Commercial identification of infrastructure and energy projects
• MODULE 3 - The scope for PPP developments to 2040
• MODULE 4 - Roundtable Discussion – Long-term investors’ perspective and way forward
To find out more about Africa PPP 2019, contact Laura Sitzia at apppametrade.org or call +44 207 700 4949.
Contact the Africa PPP Team:
W: www.ametrade.org/africappp T: +44 (0) 207 700 4949 E: apppametrade.org
Media queries & partnerships:
E: lolaametrade.org T: +44 (0) 207 700 4949
Follow the latest news about Africa PPP with #AFRICAPPP on Facebook & Twitter africappp.
About AME Trade Ltd:
AME Trade’s business to business events provide vital practical information for companies looking to diversify and realign their business strategies to keep up with fast-moving global trends. Through sector specific and country focused events, we are now one of the leading providers of strategic business intelligence for the African, Middle Eastern and South American regions. Our services include bespoke conferences, trade exhibitions, training workshops and networking functions.
Contact AME Trade:
AME Trade Ltd
2nd Floor, 326 City Road, EC1V 2PT |London |UK
W: www.ametrade.org T: +44 (0) 207 700 4949 E: marketingametrade.org
Follow AME Trade on social media with #AMETrade: